Tuesday, September 11, 2012

One Year!

Oh wow! I knew it had been a very, very long time since I posted, but a Year!
We have been without the internet on our home computer for almost a year. It is only recently that we had broadband put on. With Telstra, I hate Telstra! Unfortunately there is no other option where we live, if we want broadband. It's also more expensive here and not as fast as it is in other places. I have thought many times about starting to blog again, but with internet only on my iPhone, it made it all a bit daunting.

A lot has happened in a year. A lot of wonderful things, such as our eldest starting school. He is doing really well. It still amazing me that he is reading little books!

Our youngest is coming out of his shell. He has started talking over the year. He is still very stubborn and will only try new words when he wants to.

Recently my husband ran for local council. It was amazing being on the other side of the electoral process. He was truthful and stood up for what he believed in, he didn't shy away from the hard questions and a lot of people, including other candidates, could see that and respected him for it. At this time it doesn't look like he will get into council this year. I am so proud that he wanted to serve his community and make this place, a better place, for them and our family. We have learnt so much from this time and next time we know we can do better in getting his message heard by the public.

In October last year, my good friend gave birth to her third child. A beautiful baby girl! She is such a gorgeous bright eyed little girl, with a fierce grip! lol.

Shortly after I became pregnant with our third child, which unfortunately was not meant to be, as I had a missed miscarriage not long after finding out I was pregnant. It was hard, but as the pregnancy was not very far along, there was no heart yet, which for me, made it easier.

We got pregnant again a month later. It's scary being pregnant after having a miscarriage, you question every little thing, but miscarriage like pregnancy is not the same every time, it is not until after it is over do you see the warning signs. After three months of being pregnant I had another missed miscarriage. This was, in short, devastating!


To help me with my grieving I got a tattoo on my forearm of a baby dragon in a egg, to represent our baby we lost. We don't know what sex of the child would have been, so we called the baby/tattoo Willow. Willow's due date would have been at the end of this month, in the year of the Dragon.


We also lost my Pop in between all this. He had cancer, as well as dementia for awhile. He had such a long full life, and to see him wasting away in a bed was heart breaking. Truth be told he probably should have died a number of time in his long life. Firstly he was not well as a baby and the doctor thought he wouldn't live, but he was a fighter and that stayed the same though his whole life. Sometimes that meant fighting with fists, being a small guy, he had to show people he couldn't be pushed around. When he was older he worked; in mines, around uranium, and got a little too close to chainsaws on a couple of occasions. One time he fell out of the tree......with a chainsaw, he ended up with stitches on his forehead, he looked liked Frankenstein's monster! Another time he got he chainsaw caught on the fence wire, his jeans got caught by the chainsaw and he sawed part of his leg. In the past couple of years he had a few car accidents, one involving a tree and another one he flipped. He spent a long time recouping at my Mother's house with a broken neck and leg. We made sure he didn't drive again after that, which was hard, he was a stubborn man that loved his independence. However we knew by then he had dementia and it was not safe for him to be on the road. He went on to heal from his accident and then was diagnosed with Cancer. In the end it was a blessing that he passed on, I know I personally wouldn't want to be lingering on like that. Wasting away (a nice, undescriptive way of how bad he was), always confused, unable to hold a conversation or even know who you were talking to from one minute to the next. He was a amazing man and is missed by all who knew him.  

My husband also lost his Uncle to cancer around the same time as my Pop. Looking back, there has been far to much death for us this year.

I wondered about sharing all this with you all. My thinking is this is my blog, ideally it's dedicated to my sewing, but sewing is a part of me and my life and therefore my life is apart of my sewing.
After reading what I have written above, it does look heavy on the bad side of things. Although we have been though a lot this past year, these have been the life changing events. We have also had a huge amount of fun, laughter, wonderful weekends, school events, children's one liners, birthdays, parties, and so much more. I'm thankful for those moments, and I'm thankful for my wonderful Family, who I love and cherish.

So, I'm still generally a positive thinking person. I have my moments, but such is life, you have to move on, because the world wont stop for you. Sometime I think you must stop and think about the past, talk about it and sometimes you have to put it away (so to speak). Although it's good to get this all out, it's also emotionally draining and leaves me with a painful lump in my throat.

My hope is I will now continue to blog, and the next one I plan to catch you up on some of my sewing over the year. It wont be all of it though, as I tend to only think of taking a photo after I gave it away, and the last year was largely gift orientated sewing.
 



No comments: